Are you interested in joining CYF? You can apply to volunteer with us in a variety of ways, both in Nepal and beyond. Read through these frequently asked questions, then get in touch to apply or learn more.
how can i volunteer with cyf?
1. You can be a residential volunteer at Life Vision Academy (LVA) for 4-12 weeks.
2. If you live locally and have a particular skill, such as teaching music, you can visit LVA regularly to hold classes for our students.
3. You can come to LVA with your group, family or organisation to implement a group service project with us.
4. You can volunteer as an intern in the Haushala Creatives office in Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur.
5. You can intern remotely on our USA team from anywhere in the world.
6. You can become a youth ambassador or family ambassador and fundraise in your home community.
What are the requirements?
Volunteers' requirements and qualifications will vary with each position and project. Generally, a statement of intent and resume will be required. All residential volunteers will also be asked for a background check or police report from their community.
What is residential volunteering like?
As a residential volunteer, you will join our team on the ground to work with the LVA students. You will stay in the staff house on our campus in Godavari (about a one-hour drive from the center of Kathmandu). You'll help teach classroom lessons, outdoor games, and recreational activities. You'll also help with technical support, fundraising events and report writing. We prioritize volunteer applicants who can have skills they can use at our school, such as teaching music lessons, leading computer classes, or coaching a sport. During your stay of 4-12 weeks, you will play a crucial role in our on-site operations, while also forming great connections with our students and experiencing Nepali life.
Volunteers must pay for their own travel costs and visa fees. We will also ask you to pay a monthly room and board fee, which is usually around $100. In return, CYF will provide a safe and fun place to stay, three meals a day with the children, travel assistance, a network of friends, and a beautiful, unforgettable experience!
Do you offer paid internships?
We are unfortunately not able to offer paid internships at this time. In fact, even our directors are unpaid volunteers. For your internship, we encourage you to seek school credit or funding from your university.
How can i apply to volunteer?
Please fill out the form below indicating your interest. We will follow up with you as soon as possible to provide more information for you.